A non-regulatory federal agency within the U.S. Commerce Department’s Technology Administration, NIST's mission is to develop
and promote measurement, standards, and technology to enhance productivity, facilitate trade, and improve the quality of life.
A registry is the mechanism used to discover XML documents, templates, and software (i.e., objects and resources)
over the Internet. At the moment, there are different implementations of different registries. NIST wanted to research
different registry protocols, ie. ebXML, OASIS, etc., determine the best practices for registries and find out what to
consider for business processes.
XML Global Solution
- Provide implementations of registry models
- Research and Development on ebXML best practices for prototype implementations
- An on-line live demonstrator using SOAP based XML messaging which validates Registry interactions using OASIS and ebXML query syntaxes
- Ability to drive dynamic software behavior using XML and Registry based interactions
- Implementation model is catalogue consolidation as developed for the DoD EMALL project