The Open Applications Group is a non-profit consortium focusing on best practices and process based XML
content for eBusiness and Application Integration. STAR is the Information Technology (IT) standards body
for the retail automotive industry.
* Members include the National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) and most North
American automobile manufacturers including American Honda Co., American Suzuki Corp., BMW of North America,
DaimlerChrysler, Ford, General Motors, Mitsubishi of America, and many others.
The goal of the STAR initiative is to establish an Internet-based transaction system linking automobile manufacturers with dealers.
- Improve communications between automakers and its dealers
- Use voluntary IT standards for the system.
- System must be available to any small operation with a computer system and access to the Internet
XML Global Solution
- Executive strategic planning and consulting on the adoption of ebXML-based messaging.
- Tools: GoXML™ Messaging and GoXML™ Transform.
Initial phase of the STAR/XML- based transaction system is well underway for following results:
- Significantly enhanced flow of information between manufacturers & dealerships.
- Dealerships can consolidate internal IT processing in a manner consistent to industry standards.
- Enhanced customer experience at dealerships.
- Use of ebXML provides state-of-the art XML-based messaging and workflow control.